Grocery Shopping List
This is a clean-eating (or very close to it) Grocery List from Blogilates.com. I do not eat completely clean, but i think it is the way are bodies were meant to eat, so i work on it more and more. At the very bottom, i’ve listed some things that are decently healthy and good for someone who is trying to be healthy on the go!
- Green beans
- Baby carrots (dip this with PB, so good!)
- Romaine lettuce
- Baby spinach
- Red pepper
- Mushrooms (all kinds! and this really should be under fungi)
- Sweet potatoes
- frozen edamame, shelled (you can get this at Trader Joes or Asian food markets)
- Any that are in season!
- Try to avoid too many dried fruits as you can easily overeat them and consume way too many sugars
- Cantaloupe (did you know that a whole one is only 188 calories?)
GREAT SOURCES OF PROTEIN:
- Egg whites, I buy liquid egg whites so I don’t have to waste the yolk
- Chicken breast
- TVP textured vegetable protein
- Seafood: white fish, salmon, scallops, canned tuna in water
- Black beans
- Oatmeal – steel cut, rolled, or old fashioned are best, but i treat myself sometimes to the Quaker Oats “Lower Sugar”
- Ezekiel sprouted bread
- Zero calorie, carb free Miracle Noodles
- Ground flax seed
- Raw unsalted sunflower seeds
- Roasted and unsalted almonds
- Freshly ground unsalted peanut butter from Whole Foods (you must try the grinding machine! so cool!)
- PB2, the greatness of peanut butter without the fat, only 45 cals for 2 TBS versus 200 cals reg. PB
DAIRY & DAIRY SUBSTITUTES:
- Non fat or low fat 1-2% cottage cheese
- Non fat plain greek yogurt
- Almond cheese (my latest discovery at Whole Foods, I love it, and yes it does melt)
- Almond Breeze almond milk, unsweetened vanilla
- Laughing cow cheese wedges
- Whey protein – I don’t have a fave one that I can recommend, but try to find one that is low in carbs and sugars, preferably under 3g each in every scoop. Each scoop should have at least 20g of protein!
- Other options are soy protein, rice protein, pea protein, egg protein, hemp protein, and casein
EXTRA FLAVOR & SAUCES:
- Salsa in place of ketchup
- Lemon – try to squeeze it on top of anything from baked chicken to sushi.
- Mrs. Dash seasoning
- Tabasco sauce
- Ground cinnamon
- Medjool dates
LOTS & LOTS OF WATER!!!
Healthy alternatives when you’re on the go:
- Amy’s Organic frozen foods - they have pizzas, burritos, and a bunch of miscellaneous organic foods premade. Their packaged meals are low in calories and delicious.
- TLC bars- low in calories, good to help you get a chocolate fix, good to throw in your purse just incase.
- Veggie Burgers- all different kinds - these are usually low in calories, good source of protein, filling. i eat them without a bun.
- Muscle Milk Light/Chocolate- tastes just like chocolate milk to me! They have 100 calorie portions and 160 calorie portions. Good after a hard workout, but i don’t drink them every day.
- Life choice protein bars- i usually don’t recommend protein bars, because they’re usually candy bars with a sprinkle of protein… but these! These have about 21g of protein and about 7g of sugar and are 190-210 calories. Also great to keep in your purse just incase. wouldn’t recommend eating these every day, just every so often.